Apple and apple and berries/sultanas/rhubarb crumble are pretty regular in our house and the boys do, on occasion, help me make the crumble. This allowed them to do the lot and they were lovely. That said, they were ridiculously sweet and I would reduce the sugar mixed with the berries by a third, if not a half.
Berried Treasure Pots
Donna Hay Magazine: annual kids issue 2008
- 125g butter
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 4 cups frozen mixed berries
- extra 3/4 cup caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Put the oats, flour and sugar into a bowl and chop the butter into pieces into it
- Using your hands rub the butter into the dry mixture until it looks like big breadcrumbs
- Put the berries and extra sugar into a bowl and mix
- Spoon the berries into 2 small ovenproof dishes and place on a baking tray
- Sprinkle over the oat mixture and bake for 30 minutes or until the tops are golden and juice is bubbling down the sides
- Let them cool a little and then serve with ice cream.